Now Trending ….2015!!!!
There’s a strong spirit of individualism in the air this new year, with couples keen on infusing their ceremonies and receptions with personality — their own. How does all of this individuality come together? In the details, of course! Here are the most noteworthy wedding trends we’ve got our eye on this year inspired by The Huffington Post.
1. Buttons and ribbons and gems- oh my! Couples will be generating excitement for their celebration by wowing guests with an invitation suite that’s delivered in attention-grabbing style: wrapped in shimmery cellophane; boxed in decorative paper; tied up with ribbon, leather rope or baker’s twine; studded with crystals; or adorned with dried flowers.
2. Top blooms English roses, ￼peonies, hydrangeas, dahlias and ranunculus continue to be go-to favorites among brides.
Styled Bride Wedding – Bouquets included dahlias, garden roses, heirloom hydrangea, clematis, jasmine and other seasonal accents from Sullivan Owen. Photo by: Brooke Courtney
3. Gaga for greenery. Herbs like rosemary and mint, lemon leaf, magnolia leaf, ivy, smilax and maidenhair fern are being strung together and used in surprising ways — as table runners or chair swags, to frame cocktail menus, to redefine tent ceilings or to give chandeliers a soft edge.
4. Champagne with a twist. Champagne towers have returned — big time — for formal affairs. A more casual, colorful option: mixing in fruit purées to create a signature cocktail that matches your palette.
5. Smaller sips. Be the flights of craft beer; shots of different bourbons; wine sampling; sangria that goes from white to pink to deep red; or even a lemonade or fizzy soda bar, couples are letting guests sample an array of beverages. These types of different drink stations are yet another way to let guests peek into your personal tastes, with the added bonus of helping you keep your bar budget in check.
6.Family-style dining Guest interaction is a big goal for today’s couples. And nothing gets a conversation started quite like a meal served family style, with guests passing beautifully plated appetizers, entrées and sides..
Styled Bride Wedding – First Course of passed fresh vegetables from (A)muse. Photo: Brooke Courtney. Florals: Sullivan Owen Rentals: Maggpie Vintage & Party Rentals LTD.
7. Just a taste, please Tasting Stations have taken over the cocktail hour, with couples showing off their favorite foods in manageable portions. From oyster shucking stations and mac ‘n cheese bars, to make-it-your-own taco stands to local food trucks pulling right up to the patio, the idea is to surprise your guests with an unexpected assortment of party food.
Styled Bride Wedding. Food Trucks – Sunflower Truck Stop Catering Photo: Krista Patton
8. What’s old is new. Couples are requesting updated renditions of wedding classics. Instead of Etta James’s soulful “At Last,” for example, they might choose the acoustic version by Jason Mraz.
Styled Bride Wedding – Our couple dances to Elvis’s ” Can’t Help Falling In Love with You” redone version by Ingrid Michaelson.
9. Edible favors will reign supreme. Not just mini-jars of jam, but food kits — boxes stuffed with all the fixings for a yummy late-night snack or a morning-after brunch.
10. Framed for the occasion.An artisanal, artistic twist on the photo booth, couples are hiring an onsite silhouette artist. Guests can pose for a short sitting and leave with a very personal memento.