During our first Bridal Market recap, we shared some of our favorite behind-the-scenes moments from our whirlwind weekend in New York City. As promised, we’re back with our second installment of swoon-worthy gowns in order to highlight five of the top trends we viewed up close. From ethereal dresses to gowns with straps, here’s the lowdown on the styles and details we expect to see quite a lot during 2015. PS: Don’t miss our note at the bottom because we’re sharing where you can find each collection in Philadelphia!
1. Illusion Necklines, Sleeves, & Straps: If there’s a number one trend from Market, this is it! Strapless dresses will always be classics, but each designer included not one but many gowns complete with at least one way of adding straps or sleeves.
2. Non-Traditional Colors: Almost all of the designers added in dashes of non-traditional colors. Watters favored blush and nude, while Claire Pettibone, Modern Trousseau, and Sarah Seven all offered their takes on gray and dusty blue.
3. Ethereal Styling: Claire Pettibone’s gowns always reflect ethereal inspiration with their soft, flowing fabrics. However, we noticed this trend again and again while viewing the new collections from Watters, Sarah Seven, and Anna Campbell, too. Australian designer Anna Campbell specifically notes that her brides “favor simple yet stunning silhouettes and are the same in every country – beautiful and relaxed.” We love that!
4. Stunning Backs: During your ceremony, most guests are looking at the back of your dress. As a result, we are so excited about the number of gowns we saw with completely romantic backs, especially at the Maggie Sottero show! Expect to find open, plunging, and illusion backs because all three are particularly popular.
5. Sequins & Beading: Beading will never go out of style, but the amount of beading in the detailing of 2015’s gowns definitely increased. Sequins are also another detail that’s subtly made their way into the new collections from Modern Trousseau, Sarah Seven, and Watters. PS: Either is a great way to classically style your dress with the metallic trend in mind.
Which trend are you most likely to wear? Fill us in, in the comments or leave a note on Facebook!
Shop the 2015 collections in Philadelphia: