Just like we have in years past, we always look forward to Bridal Fashion Week or Bridal Market. It’s a biannual event that happens in April and October in New York City. During each week, bridal fashion designers debut their latest collections to boutique owners and members of the press. This year, we followed along online, and we couldn’t help but choose our favorite collection very quickly – Barbara Kavchok Couture.
The styles, beauty, and impeccable quality of Barbara Kavchok Couture’s gowns aren’t a surprise. The brand and collection are named after designer and founder, Barbara Kavchok, who is the daughter of Eugenia Vasiliadis, the founder of Eugenia Couture! Barbara is a proud Philadelphia native – all of her gowns are designed and manufactured in Bethlehem, PA – and she attended The University of the Arts in Philadelphia. Her gowns reflect her artistic training because each one is inspired by history, art, and textiles.
This season’s collection features detachable skirts, matching veils, capes, sleeves, and so many stunning intricate details. With photos captured by Alison Conklin and hair and makeup created by Alisha Nycole & Co, we’re thrilled to share some of Barbara Kavchok’s Fall 2019 gowns, the team’s thoughts on the five wedding dress trends they’re loving the most, as well as three tips to keep in mind while shopping for your wedding dress.We’re always eager to cheer on and share the work of other Philadelphia wedding professionals, so we hope you enjoy this inside peek from Barbara Kavchok Couture!
5 Bridal Trends Barbara Kavchok Couture Loves:
1. The modern bride. We see a ton of brides who want to skip the traditional ballgown and opt for simplicity for their big day. We love an elegant, fitted gown and have a few in our archive collection like the Tara and Ulla.
2. Sleeves! We’re seeing so many sleeves for Fall 2019, cap sleeves, long sleeves, 3/4 length sleeves… And they all have their own style whether it be beaded, lace, sheer or embroidered.
3. Tiny details that make a huge impact. A hint of sparkle you say? Delicate embroidery? Custom beadwork? Stunning!
4. Bridal accessories are another trend we are living for! Detachable skirts for brides who want a separate look from ceremony to reception, matching traditional veils, and capes as a veil alternative are all trends featured in our new collection.
5. Florals! Fall isn’t just for orange and brown leaves, floral details through lace or laser-cut appliques add the touch of romance brides want for their big day.
3 Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping:
1. Start early. You never know how long it will take you to find the dress of your dreams, or if you decide to have a custom gown made you’ll want to make sure there is enough time to get it done! Starting 8-10 months before your big day is a great idea!
2. Don’t limit your search! Try on dresses and styles you never dreamt you might love – you could surprise yourself with a beautiful gown you would have never tried on otherwise!
3. Have Fun! Shopping for your dress is just as much a part of your big day as any other event leading up to the wedding, so relax, sip some champagne, and enjoy the process!