Terrain is one of the Philadelphia area’s best gems. There’s plenty to explore in the garden shop, and the Garden Cafe is one of our forever farm-to-table favorites. If you’re ever looking to explore a new-to-you location, you definitely need to place Terrain high on your list.
Because there are stunning spots tucked away and many backdrops for photos, Terrain eagerly opens their doors each season for weddings. The space is a dream for rehearsal dinners, and it should definitely be a contender if you’re planning a garden style wedding. You can welcome your guests for your ceremony and reception, and we can assure you no one will ever want to leave. Terrain truly is that special, which is why we’re thrilled they’re expanding!
We got a sneak peek of Terrain Gardens, the beautiful new space located in Devon, last year, and we are counting down the days until it’s open! The team is already offering virtual tours to couples, so we thought we would catch up with Senior Sales Manager, Brianna Alcorn to share more about why she adores Philadelphia weddings, Terrain, and what she can’t wait to share with the Philadelphia wedding community in Devon very soon in today’s Styled Day.
Hi! I am Brianna the Senior Sales Manager for our terrain private events including weddings and beyond! My day as a Sales Manager starts first with always saying good morning to my team and checking in on them, we can get pretty wrapped up in a heavy inbox so nothing is worse than starting your day off without a cheerful welcome to the team. My team oversees a general inbox of inquires but we also use a platform called HoneyBook to manage inbounds, contracts and invoicing. At times we can have 30-50 inquiries a day to personally respond to, as well as tours, contract writing and general client maintenance, and not to forget about good old fashion phone calls and pop-in appointments!
The most unique and challenging part of my job lately has been selling our Devon venue without a physical space to show the client. This is a project that I’ve been extremely passionate about and is set to open in Fall of 2018. We started our sales process in September of 2017, roughly a year before our opening date. With just a set of renderings, a video fly through, a few building material samples, we’ve successfully have been able start a wedding experience unlike any other for dozens of inaugural couples. Giving a tour of Devon has been more of a virtual process and meetings can take up to an hour long via a JoinMe meeting or in person at our flagship location. If our couple is familiar with terrain and our line of urbn brands there is an instant connection to the look and feel our creative director has established for the Devon venue.
All in all, our inaugural couples and those booked in 2019 are extremely excited to be some of the first in this one of a kind venue on the mainline. We are looking forward to welcoming all our clients, friends and vendors to see the space in person come this Fall!
- Element that always catches your eye? I love to see personalized menu cards and place cards, I think it sets the tone of the couple’s personality and allows our talented industry to create some unique details.
- Part of a wedding ceremony at Terrain? Nothing like seeing a bride take a big exhale before making her way down the aisle, it’s a sense of relief that we all got to this big moment.
- Moment at a wedding? When “Ohh What A Night” by The Four Seasons hits the speakers, I can’t help but dance a little behind the scenes.
- Hidden gem at Terrain? The entrances to our store (there are 3 of them) are often styled so beautifully to make an impact to the customer walking in from the parking lots, I think they can easily be forgotten!
- Thing to look forward to? Our newest space has been meticulously planned to provide the ultimate wedding experience. I am really excited to see how the already unique backdrop can be transformed to highlight the couple’s personality. Whether it be intense hanging installations from the exposed beams and skylight to a playful cocktail hour in our secluded gardens.