Photos by With Love & Embers
Mike Heise and Crystal Shah met in Manayunk, Pennsylvania on a snowy January night in 2011. Crystal was in town from New Jersey to hang with friends after a Villanova basketball game. Mike, who lived in Manayunk at the time, was meeting friends at the same bar. After bonding over hockey and flannel shirts, Mike offered Crystal a beer. She accepted the and they proceeded to chat and hang out till “last call.” Two weeks later, they went on their first date. After two years of long-distance dating, text messages, and chatting on Gmail, Crystal moved to Philadelphia. Two more years passed before Mike decided he couldn’t live without Crystal or the dinners she made him. Flash forward to 2014: Mike popped the question on a beautiful clear October day in the Hamptons.
The baraat was held right outside the venue. While customary for the bridegroom to travel to the wedding venue on a mare, Crystal and Mike got creative and their jeep served as the horsepower instead.
To reflect the beauty of the natural surrounding the mandap was created by Belovely with birch poles, a canopy of branches and leaves and a curtain of hanging flowers. Furniture and rugs from Maggpie Rentals completed the look.
Following the ceremony the bridal party went off for a quick clothing change while guests enjoyed cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
Crystal and her dad decided to forgo the traditional father/ daughter dance and put on a full blown routine for their guests!
Thank you to the team:
- Venue: The Fairmount Park Horticultural Center
- Catering by Starr Events
- Photography: With Love and Embers
- Videography: Lightyear Studio
- Hair & Makeup: Colleen Fox
- Bride’s Hair & Makeup: KC Makeup by Karuna Chani
- Flowers: Belovely
- Furniture- Maggpie Vintage Rentals
- Ceremony Music: DJ Ravi Jackson
- Band: Burnt Sienna
- Lighting & Staging: Eventions
- Printed Materials: created by the bride
- Cake: Federal Donuts
- Photobooth: Shutterbooth
- Transportation: Philadelphia Trolley Works and First Student Charter
- Accommodations: DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton Philadelphia