If there is one rule about attending parties and events around the holidays it’s this: never arrive empty-handed. While it’s a rule that’s easy to say, the hardest part is determining what your hostess would love to receive, especially if you’re spending Thanksgiving or the holidays with your soon-to-be-in-laws. From finds local to Philadelphia to pieces you can pick up online, we’re sharing 10 of our classic go-to gifts for hostesses. Now, choose your favorite and click “add to cart”:
1. Lacquer Tray: Gift your hostess with a classic lacquer tray that can be used to serve beverages at events and turned into a place to store favorite coffee table books in her living room. This tray from West Elm can also be monogrammed!
2. Recipe Tin: Perfect for the hostess who loves to cook and has a number of beloved recipes, a tin from Rifle Paper Co to house them all is a perfect idea. Make sure to pick up the recipe cards and add a few of your favorite recipes to her collection, too. This is also a great way to start an heirloom that can be passed down to future generations.
3. Local Wine & Monogrammed Coasters: The Philadelphia area is home to a number of great wineries, so rather than picking up an ordinary bottle of wine to bring to your holiday meal, shop local! Check out the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail and Rose Bank Winery in Bucks County. Also, add a set of monogrammed coasters to your gift to make it a complete set.
4. Philadelphia Print: Evelyn Henson designs maps filled with the most famous landmarks in each city, and we love her painting of Philadelphia! We also love Manayunk Calligraphy’s Pennsylvania and New Jersey state prints.
5. Kate Spade New York: Places to Go, People to See: There are few more inspiring brands than Kate Spade for a classic and preppy hostess. We adore the new coffee table book Places to Go, People to See, which includes a collection of travel-focused photos and a number of the brand’s classic quotes. One Kings Lane is a great source for coffee table books at a discount!
6. Candle & Matches: A candle is a great hostess gift to have on hand because there are few people who wouldn’t love to receive one, and we love the Diptyque line of luxurious candles. For a classic twist, add a set of matches to your gift from Design Darling.
7. Custom House Ornament: Hostesses who adore the holidays will love receiving a new ornament for their annual Christmas tree. Etsy artist Cathie Carlson will paint your hostess’s home onto an ornament, which guarantees you will have a gift that is both personalized and completely unique.